Mette Lampcov is a freelance documentary photographer from Denmark, who is based in Los Angeles, California.
She studied fine art in London, England and after moving to the United States 15 years ago, studied photography and journalism at UCLA.
She has worked extensively with undocumented and indigenous migrant farm workers in California's central valley and Coachella valley, connected to labour rights, social justice.
For the past 7 years her work has been focused on a long term project about the climate crisis, a photographic account of how climate change is affecting people and the environment around them in California.
She has a deep understanding of water issues in California and forest and fire ecology.
- She has worked extensively on drought, flooding, wildfires, tree morality and public health and climate justice connected to climate change.
- 3 year mentorship at Anderson Ranch with Ed Kashi and James Estrin. - Adobe Rising Stars of Photography in 2018
- Is fluent in Spanish, English and Danish.
Her work has appeared in:
- New York Times - After a winter of deluge, California rivers are to dangerous to enjoy - New York Times - The Salton sea, an accident of history, faces a new water crisis - New York Times A1 and cover story- In a Drought, California Is Watching Water Wash Out to Sea - Sierra Magazine Cover and Cover story - A Year in the Life of a Burning Forest - Feature Shoot interview - Climate Change, Drought, and Water Contamination: The Untold Story of California’s San Joaquin Valley - The High Country New - Will Californina finally fulfill it's promise to fix the Salton Sea - The Guardian - Delta smelt: the tiny fish caught in the California’s war with Trump - The Guardian - Beetles and fire kill dozen of “indestructible’ giant sequoia tress - The Guardian - This is not how Sequoias die. It's supposed to stand for an other 500 years. - The Guardian - Toxic America- Children are being poisoned’: California moms lead the way to pesticide ban. - The Phoblographer - Featured, interview and podcast about on going project Water To Dust
- New York Times - California today Heat wave's triple treat.
- BuzzFeed News -California's Trees Are Dying At A Catastrophic Rate.
- Society Foundation Instagram - UN violence against women 16th Nov.
- Buzzfeed - This is what it's like to live with toxic tap water in California.
- Sydney Morning Herald Good Weekend Magazine
- Photographers Forum Article - Malibu Magazine - We Need To Talk
Exhibitions - Johns Hopkins University Feb 2018 - Part of 15 Stories of Hope, Change and Justice- 2018 - Patton-Malott Gallery, Colorado Aug 21- 2018
- ICP - taking in Images -2018
- World water Day - Photo Galleria Telemaco Signorini Porto Ferraio Elba, Italy. AUG 2020
Exhibitions with @everydayclimatechnage
- Docudays UA, International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival, Kiev-